Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Orphan Punks News

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Evil Ash's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2003
    Posts
    214
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OK So here is the scoop. For the past month or so I have been writing songs with former Orphan Punk guitarist Jimmy and his new band Supermint (www.supermintmusic.com)
    A couple weeks ago we were shooting the shit and talking about some Orphan Punk memories and such.We were talking about how Brian was always wanting to do a reunion show but everyone else was kind of iffy on the idea or at the very least in no rush, figuring we had all the time in the world.
    For those that aren't aware former Orphan Punks drummer Brian passed away in January due to complications from Leukemia.
    Since a reunion show is now out (I can't imagine doing it without Bri) Jimmy and I decided in honor of Brian.We are going to make every attempt to do a second Orphan Punks cd.
    We are currently going through old videos in an effort to re-learn any songs that have not been previously released.As of now myself, Jimmy, and Billy (second guitarist) have agreeed to do this.We have yet to talk to Darrell (bass player and Brian's brother) so I can't guarantee his involvement but at the the same time I can't imagine him not doing it,if his time will allow it.
    Essentially if everything goes as planned it will be new recordings of previously unavailable Orphan Punks songs,rerecorded by the original members with Brians parts programmed (I know this sounds scary but we are getting some great drum sounds in the studio) after re-couping duplication costs the hope is that any profit will be donated to leukemia research.There is currently no timeline on this project but we are hoping to get the ball rolling ASAP.
    Anyone that has any Orphan Punks live recordings or videos that they can duplicate please e-mail or message me.There are several songs that we have yet to find a live recording of that we are hopeful to add to this project.
    Ashliegh

  2. #2
    Inactive Member NO.1 BADD KATT's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2003
    Posts
    603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey...I can donate the CD Cover if you'd like!!!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Jonni Jade's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2003
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Awesome news Ash and a great idea for the profits as well keep us all informed.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member glamfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 11th, 2003
    Posts
    965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hope everything works out for the best, Ash!
    Sounds cool.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Evil Ash's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2003
    Posts
    214
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks guys!Hey Marcus I'd love to see what you come up with.Hey Dan did you get the message about the trade?
    Ashliegh

  6. #6
    Inactive Member glamfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 11th, 2003
    Posts
    965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    About Hernandez? or did you message me somewhere about a trade? if the latter, then no..I didn't.
    BTW, wherez Carl been??

  7. #7
    Inactive Member NO.1 BADD KATT's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2003
    Posts
    603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well Ash...when the time comes....give me the info such as what the Cd will be called and so on and so on...and I'll do it for the cause.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Evil Ash's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2003
    Posts
    214
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cool Marcus I'll let you know.
    Dan I messaged about the Thomas and Looper deal but wasn't sure if it went through.I was just wondering who all was available on your team because I really need to shake up my roster.
    Ashliegh

  9. #9
    Inactive Member glamfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 11th, 2003
    Posts
    965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    no, I didn't get the message, but Hernandez, Thomas, Moeller-c-Ariz (.316, 4 hr), and Morneau (DH-Twins) are all available. e-mail me at [email protected] to discuss it more.

    Don't wanna ruin the O. Punks newz with my trade talk. LOL!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Evil Ash's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2003
    Posts
    214
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cool thanks Dan.
    Ashliegh

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •